"Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all."-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Who, What, Where, When and Why

Who: Me! Tiffany a stay-at-home mommy of the three best kids EVER and wife to the best man in the world. I have a degree in Marriage, Family and Human Development from BYU. My dream job would be professional reader (but only books I enjoy), writing when I feel inspired, marriage therapist and adoption counselor.

What: I plan on writing honest reviews of the best books that I come across.  I read clean.  Meaning no graphic sex. I also try to limit language. My reviews will be honest and straightforward, I will be fair to both authors and readers. I am pretty picky about the books I read.  If I am not enjoying a book, I have no problem setting it down and diving into the next one. If it's not Happily Ever After, I'll try to steer clear.

Why:  I LOVE TO READ.  Yes, that pretty much sums it up. OH and I wish books had a standard rating system like movies do.  There is nothing more frustrating than starting a book and then having to put it down due to content (sex, language, adult themes). I hope that in writing this blog people like me will have a source to look to for a rating system so people can pick the best books on the block!

When:  The first chapter book I ever read completely on my own was in second grade. I checked a book out from Mrs. Goff's classroom library and brought it home and got lost in the pages.  Six hours later, and late into the night I finished reading The Boxcar Children.  Soon after that, I finished The True confessions of Charlotte Doyle and SVU Saga. Somewhere between Middle School and College, I traded in my fiction books for text books.  It wasn't until after the birth of my second child that I thought it might be fun to pick up a book in between nursing sessions... and I am back to being hooked on reading again. I read ALOT.

Where:  Why here of course:  Thebestbookontheblock.blogspot.com and you can find me on goodreads  too!

No comments:

Post a Comment